Last week started the beginning of model shoots for our Class of 2012 Senior Model Reps. I had the privilege of photographing Dominique Keel from Westview High School. We send our Model Reps to get their make up done at Blush Beauty Bar and then they come hang out with me for a little bit to be photographed for their model rep portraits. The fun part for both of us is that I get to try new portrait techniques with my reps and they get to have fun being my model for the day! One of my favorite parts about photographing high school seniors is getting to know each individual personally and the challenge of trying to incorporate something creative that shows their personality, uniqueness and something important to them. Something that I felt strongly about for Dominique’s model shoot was having the opportunity to incorporate the presence of her father in her life. While we have never directly had a discussion about her father, I know that family is one of the most important things in her life and unfortunately, Dominique and her family lost this important man in their lives last year. The night before her model shoot, I asked Dominique to scan a few photos of her and her father to incorporate into her senior model shoot at the studio in Portland. For her last portraits, I projected the images of her and her father onto her white shirt and this is what we got. While you may not be able to recognize the snapshot, I hope in the process, I was able to create something meaningful and memorable for you D.
Here are a few fun facts about Dominique:
- FAVORITE FOOD: Fried Chicken
- She runs track for Westview HS and her PR for the 100m is 12:06 – pretty much smokes me!
- Fave place to hang with my besties: Reina’s house or mine
- FAVE TV SHOW: Grey’s Anatomy
- The first 7 years of my life were consumed by bowling
- I won state 3 years in a row for bowling
- My MOM is definitely my best friend
- Current FAVE get ready song: One Less Lonely Girl by Justin Bieber OR Speak Now by Taylor Swift
- FAVE SAYING: “That’s outta control!”
- 3 words that best describe you… DRIVEN, GRATEFUL, OUTGOING
If you’re interested in being a Model Rep for our studio, applications are still being accepted, check here for details: http://www.melissahathawayseniors.com/be-a-model-2012